Free Mobile & Web UI Kits 2014

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a mobile UI kit and how do I use one?

A mobile UI kit is a ready-made collection of interface components — buttons, menus, forms, icons and navigation bars — packaged as layered design files. Instead of drawing every element from scratch, you open the kit in your design tool, copy the components you need, and customize the colors, text and layout for your app.

These kits are PSD files — can I use them in Figma or Sketch?

Many of these kits were made for Photoshop, but Figma can import PSD files directly through File > Import, and most layers carry over. Some layer effects may need small fixes after import, so review each screen before building your design on top of it.

Can I use these free UI kits in commercial app projects?

Many free kits are offered for personal use only, while others permit commercial use. Always check the license stated by the kit's author before shipping a client project or a commercial app that uses these assets.

How do I choose the right UI kit for my project?

Match the kit to your platform, since iOS and Android follow different design conventions. Check that it includes the screens you need, such as login, onboarding and settings, and prefer kits with organized, labeled layers — a tidy file will save you far more time than a prettier but messy one.

Post a Comment

0 Comments